When your baby arrives, your camera memory card or even your gallery on the phone will quickly fill up with hundreds – if not thousands – of photographs and videos of your little one. And if you enjoy spending time outdoors with your child, we’ve put together a list of outdoor baby photography tips so you’re always prepared when you’re out and about or playing at the park.
These tips and tricks will help you organize your outdoor baby photoshoot really well. They are very easy to implement and will definitely give you the best results possible. Here are a few tips for you that you can consider before planning a baby or even a family photo shoot outside in the environment.
Also, do check out our previous blog – https://www.meghnarathorephotography.com/5-special-moments-of-your-newborn-baby-which-need-to-be-captured/
1. Weather– Always look at the weather forecast of the day when you plan to take out your little bundle of joy outside in the open for the photoshoot. It is always helpful to know beforehand how much it will be cloudy or sunny. Also, try to go out at the gold hours which are 6 to 8 am and 4 to 6 pm.
2. Location– At foremost you need to decide a location before stepping outside of your home to get clicked. The most famous one has always been their or your own favorite park for babies where you think it’s the safest for the baby. Or beach is another alternative where you can always take your little one and just let them play in the sand and get dirty while you capture their moments.
3. Background– Find a spot outside where you can place your child on the ground and aim against a clean backdrop. See what inspires you depending on the time of day and your surroundings. When you’ve found a good spot, try to get down on their level and make yourself the same height as your baby – this could include bending down or lying down on the floor.
4. Outfits– Do not just take one outfit for the shoot. As you know kids are mostly in their joyful mood, while being out they might just stumble with excitement and get dirty. So it’s always better to carry at least three baby outfits for your little one. And if it’s a sunny day to make it fancier you can carry some accessories such as hats or shades for your baby and try them out for the outdoor baby photoshoot.
5. Props– Along with the outfits don’t forget to carry some props which will enhance your baby photoshoot. If you have some boot space in your vehicle, try to fit in some props like balloons, their favorite stuffed animal, toys, their dollhouse, umbrella, rattle, etc. Do use these props while getting clicked outside as it adds an extra element to your photographs.
6. Candid Shots– While clicking your little one, do not take all the pictures trying them to sit somewhere or even stand and give some usual poses as it can be more exhausting for you and the baby itself. Always try to capture all their candid moments. Let them set free to play with their favorite toys or even crawl a distance to grab something that you placed.
Next time you think of clicking your baby’s picture outside, we hope to look at this blog and plan accordingly for the shoot. Here is our website, where you can check out our work- https://www.meghnarathorephotography.com/
And here is our Instagram page, do check them out – https://instagram.com/meghnarathorephotography?igshid=1l9yzoswry3l7